Disney Cruise Line made their maiden voyage July 30, 1998 with the Disney Magic, followed by the Disney Wonder August 1999. Today Disney currently has four ships with three more scheduled to debut in 2021, 2022 and 2023.
The Disney Dream and Fantasy sail year round out of Port Canaveral, FL. The Dream sails to the Bahamas and Disney’s Castaway Cay, their private island, while the Fantasy mostly sails 7 nights alternating Easter & Western Caribbean including stops at Castaway Cay.
The Wonder and Magic sail many different itineraries, with the Wonder will sail out of Miami, Galveston, Louisiana, San Diego, Hawaii and Vancouver. The Magic sails from Port Canaveral, Miami, New York City. She also spends a portion of the year in Europe sailing the mediterranean visiting Spain, Italy, France and Greece.
What's Included on a Disney Cruise
- Enchanting Entertainment: Delight in Broadway-caliber musicals, lively deck parties and fireworks at sea (fireworks on most cruises).
- Spacious Staterooms: Designed for Families: extra space and storage, sitting area, and split bath to allow more people to get ready at the same time.
- Disney’s Private Island: Relax in paradise with beach chairs, umbrellas, waterslides and a buffet lunch (on most Bahamian and Caribbean cruises).
- Variety of Dining Options: Enjoy upscale restaurants, buffets, poolside snacks and 24-hour room service.
- Imaginative Youth Clubs: Play in themed clubs for every age, staffed by specially trained Disney counselors.
- Nightclubs & Lounges: Discover adults-only areas that include a variety of bars and pubs.
- Pools & Recreation: Splash it up in freshwater pools and waterslides at sea.